More ways to save gas
- Plan trips outside rush hour and peak traffic periods.
- Avoid carrying extra weight: Every extra 100 lbs reduces fuel efficiency by 1%.
- Avoid using the air conditioner in city driving.
- On the highway, opening the windows reduces the aerodynamics of your car, so it's better to use the air-conditioner, but in slow start-and-stop driving, it's better to open the windows.
- Park in the shade in hot weather if you can. Less gas will evaporate from the engine and gas tank.
- Avoid "topping-off" and spills at the gas station. Spilled gasoline pollutes the air when it evaporates.
For more information:
Posted: 10/03/08 | Category: Residential transportation |
Browse and add your tips
The views expressed here are not necessarily those of the Town of Brighton or ColorBrightonGreen.org. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in the tips. All facts should be independently verified.