Green Brighton Business Award
Win a blue ribbon for your green business
No matter what line of business you’re in, pledging to participate in the Color Brighton Green 10% Challenge will not only help to save you money, protect our environment, and make our country less vulnerable, it also makes you eligible for the Green Brighton Business Award and all the publicity and goodwill that goes along with it.
The award is co-sponsored by the Brighton Chamber of Commerce and ColorBrightonGreen.org, the Green Brighton Business Award is open to any business that:
- Is located in the Town of Brighton.
- Completes the Color Brighton Green 10% Challenge pledge form.
- Has implimented green programs, procedures or improvements (see examples below under the heading “Conditions”).
- Complies with all Brighton town zoning and building codes.
- Completes our online nomination form.
In order to be nominated you’ll need to—
1) Tell us how you have successfully implemented green programs, procedures or improvements in your business operations or facility that have led to reductions in energy use and/or greenhouse gas emissions. For example, your business has:
- Used alternative energy sources on an on-going basis.
- Renovated an existing building or constructed a new building in a manner that is compliant with a nationally recognized “Green” standard, such as the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification offered by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Implemented an ambitious recycling/reuse program.
- Made a long-term commitment to conservation of any natural resource, such as water or electricity.
- Applied a program that reduces the use of energy in transportation.
- Created a business model that provides services or products that support other businesses or citizens in their effort reduce energy consumption or carbon emissions.
- Provided an educational program or series of programs in any of the above areas or another related area.
2) Specify the approximate dates or date ranges associated with each of your programs, procedures or improvements.
Businesses that are able to meet or exceed these criteria will be in strong contention, and those that implement these ideas in a particularly innovative or creative manner will receive extra consideration. All decisions by the Brighton Chamber of Commerce's Awards Committee are final.
- Submit one of these two forms:
- All nominations must be received by April 30, 2009.
- Membership in the Brighton Chamber of Commerce is not required to be nominated for the award or to win.
The winner of the 2009 Green Brighton Business Award will be honored at the Brighton Chamber of Commerce annual spring luncheon at the end of May.
Questions? Please contact us or call Rome Celli at (585) 732-1767.