2014 Green Energy Fair
Sunday, June 8, 2014, 9am to 1pm,
at Brighton High School Parking Lot.
The fair takes place together with the Brighton Farmers Market and features the following and more:
2014 auction items
Partial list of items offered by our exhibitors:
All auction items will be at the ColorBrightonGreen.org tent.
Drawing to be held at 12:45.
- A wide variety of businesses offering energy saving and green products and services.
- Tables with information and resources about energy- and resource-saving technologies and lifestyle choices.
- Displays of current alternative technologies.
- Student projects related to alternative energy and energy conservation.
- Activities for children, including a drumming circle.
- A silent auction featuring energy-saving products and services, to benefit future educational programs of ColorBrightonGreen.org.
Calling for student projects
Students of all ages are invited to submit displays and projects for Brighton’s Green Energy Fair. There will be contests and prizes. Bring your project to the Energy Fair and we’ll display it. We welcome displays, written projects, art projects, technology projects and more.
Calling for exhibitors
Exhibits can include vendors and nonprofit agencies displaying alternative technologies for home, business and transportation; global warming, conservation and recycling education. Hands-on educational displays are welcome.
- Exhibits are free but reservation is required: please complete and submit this registration form.
- Exhibitors have to bring their own tents and tables.
Last year’s exhibitor list
Geothermal heating and cooling, solar electric, solar hot water.
- Airtight Services, Inc.
Energy efficiency materials and construction concepts.
- American Lung Association
Information on our fight for clean air, smoking cessation, COPD and asthma resources and ways for community members to get involved!
- Genesee Land Trust
Nationally accredited land preservation organization that protects woods, wetlands, farmland and urban green spaces.
- Isaac Home Energy Performance
Information about our free home energy audits and different energy saving improvement products and services.
- NeighborWorks Rochester
Literature about our energy audits and energy education services. Information on energy grants. Home improvement lending program applications. Green energy promotional handouts. Energy saving tips and ideas.
- NYS Public Service Commission
Free water and energy conservation materials for kids and adults.
- Pep Enterprises
Shaklee non-toxic laundry and cleaning products (Basic H2) and others. Shaklee nutritional food supplements.
Electric energy savers
- Qwiksolar Power Systems
Solar panel, microinverters and displays showing typical residential installation approaches.
- Renewable Rochester
Renewable energy products and services including SunPower products. LED lighting from Helco, and Zennaro. Off-grid solar portable kits, solar modules.
- Rnet Recycling Bin Covers
Recycling bin covers in four lovely covers.
- Rochester Museum & Science Center
Enviroscape—Interactive 3D model of a watershed showing water run off and how people can impact the quality of our water
- Sierra Club—Rochester Regional Group
Literature on fracking and Great Lakes protections. Large poster with quiz on energy conservation at home. Giveaways: temporary tattoos and window decals. Sierra Club items for sale: T-shirts, reusable bags, backpacks, etc.
- The Rochester Athletic Club
Information on health and fitness. Blood pressure, body fat testing. Raffle to win a one year free membership. Prize wheel to give out prizes.
- True Energy Solutions
Education and promotion of green energy solutions and state funded free energy assessments. Applications and information for NYSERDA home energy audits.
- Viridian Energy
Socially responsible energy company providing clean energy choices at competitive prices.
- Water Education Collaborative
The Buckland Creek Watershed Restoration Project exhibit and information about the purpose and function of rain barrels, rain gardens, and stream protection.